Foxton Parish Council Accessibility Statement
This website is run by Foxton Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Please contact the Parish Clerk if you require further information or assistance on:
Phone: 01763 838 430
Address: Foxton Parish Council, Foxton Village Hall, Hardman Road, Foxton, CB22 6RN
We will consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
How accessible this website is
We know some content uploaded to this website is not fully accessible:
- PDF documents older than 23rd September 2018 may not be accessible to screen reader software
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘Contact us’ page, which is provided by a third party (Google)
- the Neighbourhood Plan adopted on 5 August 2021 was designed to be accessible however the images have title descriptions rather than alt text and may not be in line with document text. The bookmarks do not include all the headings.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, please contact the Parish Clerk.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the Parish Clerk.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Foxton Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This website framework is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. Some content is partially compliant, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
Some pages may contain attachments which are not compliant, such as:
- Older PDF files of documents published before 23rd September 2018 (for example the Foxton Conservation Appraisal March 2018, Foxton Landscape Character Assessment 2017, Landscape document 1991).
- Content produced by third parties or using third party software.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
We will do all we can to identify content that is non-compliant.
We have not identified any areas that we believe constitute a disproportionate burden.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations PDFs and other documents
Not all documents on this website are created by us. Some documents and content may be created by third parties or using third party software. Where this is the case we will endeavour, on request, to obtain an accessible copy from the original source or to convey the information contained in the document in an accessible way. There are limited documents predating September 2018 which do not meet current accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they are accessible to a screen reader. The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. Any new PDFs or Word documents created by us will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in March 2022. Tests were carried out by both internal systems and our website provider, Aubergine.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will provide staff training to ensure that all new content added meets accessibility criteria. We also run quarterly reports to identify and address accessibility issues. This statement was prepared on 3 March 2022. It was last updated on 3 March 2022.